How do I request a Dues Paid Letter when I sell my home in OFL?

When listing your property for sale, or at the closing of the sale, most banks, attorneys, and real estate agencies usually require a letter from the OFL Homeowners Association stating annual dues are paid. Contact the OFL Treasurer to request a letter confirming dues are paid for the current year for your property.

To ensure that you have the letter when you need it, please allow at least a week’s notice.

How much are OFL annual Association dues?

Association dues for all property owners in Old Farm Lakes are $225 per year. Homeowners receive a notice to pay their annual OFLPOA dues in January each year. The due date each year is February 1.

If you don’t receive your annual dues notice during the first week of January, please contact the OFL Treasurer.

Is anyone allowed in the inlet or spillway areas of Swan Lake?

No one is allowed in the inlet (large culvert pipes under Eddy Road where water flows from Wildflower Lake in Old Farms Gardens into Swan Lake) or the spillway (including the open concrete spillway enclosed in split rail fencing, the large culvert pipes under Prenzler Dr., and the natural water runoff area enclosed in chain link fencing between Prenzler Dr. and the Constitution Trail), with the exception of authorized maintenance personnel. Children playing in these areas is strictly prohibited, as the areas are inherently dangerous and present a major risk for injury. Both the spillway and the natural water runoff area have “Danger – Keep Out” signs posted on the split rail and chain link fences. If you see children or unauthorized people in these areas, please remind them that they are not supposed to be there and request that they leave immediately.

Can I Feed the Waterfowl on or Near the Lakes?

Feeding Waterfowl Prohibited on Association Property
Feeding the waterfowl on our lakes may seem like a great thing to do, but it only creates problems. Therefore, feeding waterfowl on OFLPOA property (i.e. lakes, common ground, sidewalks, berms and playground) is prohibited.

The waterfowl can become dependent on this easy source of food. This may encourage them to stay year around instead of migrating and end up starving when the food source is not available in the winter.

The ducks and geese are grazing animals. They will eat the grass down to the roots especially during winter months causing damage to our lawns.

We all know that geese produce a lot of waste. When spring arrives, this excrement dries out and can easily become airborne and cause respiratory diseases especially in children who love to play in the grassy areas around our lakes. Feeding the geese and ducks adds to existing concerns of their waste making our sidewalks around the lakes difficult, and for some impossible, to use.

Do not feed the waterfowl on association property. Any and all association members have the right and the responsibility to inform any persons that are violating this OFLPOA rule.